Ergotron, Inc. (“Ergotron”) recognizes and respects the privacy of our online visitors. It is Ergotron’s policy to comply with all applicable privacy and data protection laws. This commitment reflects the value we place on earning and keeping the trust of our customers, business partners, employees and others who share their Personal Information with us.
By using an Ergotron internet site or providing Personal Information to us, you understand the principles for our collection, use and disclosure of your Personal Information as described in this Policy. If you do not agree with the terms therein, you must not provide your Personal Information, and we may not be able to communicate with you or provide certain products or services to you.
Information We Collect
Information we may request includes your email address, name, home address, and telephone number(s). If you make a purchase, we may ask for your credit card number and other data to process your credit or financing request. For additional information regarding internet domain sites owned by Ergotron, Inc., please contact the legal department at the address listed below.
When we collect information
Examples of when we may ask you to provide Personal Information include, but are not limited to, when you:
- Use any internet domain sites owned by Ergotron;
- Request quotes, services, support, or information;
- Place orders for products or services;
- Participate in surveys, sweepstakes, contests or other promotional activities;
- Subscribe to promotional emails, newsletters, or other materials;
- Apply for a job, submit your resume/CV, or create a candidate profile; or,
- Contact us.
Personal Information may be collected by Ergotron and/or by our third-party service providers acting on our behalf and under our instructions in operating our internet sites and/or providing you with our products or services.
Why we collect information
We collect your Personal Information in order to conduct our business functions and operate our services, which include the following:
- communicating with you and provide you with information about products or services,
- providing you with our products and services as well as support in relation thereto,
- conducting surveys, sweepstakes, contests or other promotional activities;
- promoting and marketing our products and services in particular, but not limited to, via promotional emails, newsletters or other materials,
- personalizing your experience on our sites or customize any of our products or services,
- completing necessary financial transactions;
- performing recall actions;
- performing statistical analyses;
- complying with a legal requirement or court order;
- defending in, initiating or resolving disputes or legal proceedings and performing or enforcing the agreements to which Ergotron, or one of our business units, is a party.
Limitations on the Collection, Use and Disclosure of Personal Information
To the extent required by applicable law, whenever Ergotron collects Personal Information on an Ergotron internet site, Ergotron will:
- Collect, use, disclose and transfer your Personal Information only with your consent when required, depending on the sensitivity of the Personal Information, legal requirements, direct marketing by third parties and other factors;
- Collect your Personal Information only for specific, limited and legitimate purposes. This information we collect will be relevant, adequate and not excessive for the purposes for which it is collected;
- Process your Personal Information in a manner consistent with the purpose for which it was originally collected or to which you have subsequently consented;
- Take commercially reasonable steps to ensure that your Personal Information is reliable for its intended use, accurate, complete, and, where necessary, and subject to your updates, kept up-to-date;
- Not use your Personal Information for direct marketing purposes by Ergotron without giving you an opportunity to “opt-out”; and,
- Take appropriate measures, by contract or otherwise, to provide adequate technical and organizational protection for Personal Information that we collect and use, and for Personal Information that is disclosed to a third party or transferred to another country, including transfers within Ergotron.
Sharing Personal Information
Ergotron will not sell Personal Information collected from its internet sites to mailing list brokers without your express consent.
Ergotron may share your Personal Information with other Ergotron business units. When doing so, these other Ergotron business units will use your Personal Information in a manner consistent with the purposes for which it was originally collected (or to which you subsequently consented) and only as permitted under this Policy, any applicable Country or Web Site Privacy Statements, and all applicable privacy and data protection laws.
Ergotron may also share your Personal Information with third parties we hire to perform support services for us. These third parties are required to use the Personal Information we share with them only to perform services on our behalf and under our instructions, in particular to treat your Personal Information as strictly confidential. In some cases, Ergotron may share your Personal Information with third parties who partner with us to provide products and services to our customers. If we do so, we will require our business partners to use the Personal Information we share with them in a manner consistent with the purpose for which it was originally collected (or to which you subsequently consented) and only as permitted under this Policy, any applicable County or Web Site Privacy Statements, and all applicable privacy and data protection laws.
In certain, limited circumstances, where permitted by applicable law, we may share or transfer Personal Information to unrelated third parties. For example, we may provide Personal Information to a third party (i) at your request; (ii) to comply with a legal requirement or court order; (iii) to investigate a possible crime, such as identity theft; (iv) in connection with the sale, purchase, merger, reorganization, liquidation or dissolution of Ergotron or an Ergotron business unit; or (v) under similar circumstances. If such an event occurs, we will take appropriate steps to protect your Personal Information.
Overseas transfers and disclosures
Some of your Personal Information may be transferred, stored, processed or used outside of the U.S.A. and/or outside of the European Union by Ergotron or by third party service providers. This may happen if other Ergotron entities or venture partners are overseas, if we outsource certain activities overseas or if transactions, information, services or products have an overseas connection.
Where required by applicable privacy and data protection laws, we take steps in order to ensure any overseas transfer of Personal Information is effected in compliance with the appropriate organizational and technical means (including e.g. EU Commission’s model clauses for data transfers or European Commission’s adequacy decisions). Where such parties are located overseas, you may have rights to enforce such parties’ compliance with applicable privacy and data protection laws.
Cookies & Information collected via our sites
For additional detail about how Ergotron processes information collected via our website, please see the Cookie Notice.
Third-Party Advertisers and Analytics Providers
Online Tracking and Your Choices
As discussed above, we track web site usage information through using cookies, Clear GIFs, and other tracking mechanisms. You can manage the settings on your browser or mobile device to delete and disable cookies and other tracking/recording tools. Doing so may impact your experience using the Ergotron web site and may make certain features and areas unavailable to you. Many advertising companies are also members of the NAI or DAA and provide opt-outs on those industry pages at networkadvertising.org/choices and aboutads.info/choices.
Links to Third Party Internet Sites
Retention of Personal Information
Ergotron may retain the Personal Information collected on Ergotron internet sites as long as necessary to provide the services, products and information you request or as mandated or permitted by applicable law (e.g. statute of limitations). If your Personal Information is no longer necessary for purposes for which it is processed and we have no legal obligation to retain that Personal Information, we will remove it from our systems and destroy all record of it. If you would like to update your Personal Information or discontinue our use of your Personal Information, please contact us at the address listed below.
Children and Parents
Ergotron does not knowingly solicit or collect Personal Information from or about children on its internet sites except as permitted under applicable law. If you are under 18 years of age, please do not submit any Personal Information through our web sites without the express consent and participation of a parent or guardian. If your child has submitted Personal Information and you would like to request that such Personal Information be deleted from our records, you may do so by contacting us at the address listed below.
You are entitled to access Personal Information that we hold about you. If you request access to your Personal Information, in ordinary circumstances we will give you access to your Personal Information. However, there may be some legal or administrative reasons to deny access. If we refuse your request to access your Personal Information, we will provide you with reasons for the refusal where we are required by law to give those reasons.
You can access and correct some of your Personal Information through our internet sites by contacting us via telephone or email using the details provided below.
If you reside within the European Union, you have the right to ask for a copy of your Personal Information and/or ask for it to be ported to another provider of your choice where the lawful basis for the processing is (i) (a) a contract or (b) your consent and (ii) by automated means. Please note that such a request could be limited solely to the Personal Information you provided to us or that we hold at that given time, and subject to any relevant legal requirements and exemptions, including identity verification procedures.
Changes to this Policy or our Privacy Statements
Ergotron reserves the right to update or modify this Policy at any time and without prior notice by posting the revised version of this Policy on our Ergotron internet sites. Where such changes are substantial, we notify you of the expected changes prior to their entry into force.
If you would like to contact us for any reason regarding our privacy practices and/or would like to discontinue our use of your Personal Information, please write to us at the following address: