Classroom Spotlight: Student Standing Desks
- School: Montera Middle School
- Location: Oakland Unified School District, CA
- Class: 25–30 students, 8th grade
- Configuration: 360-classroom, projector, document camera, LearnFit
Always in Action, Always Engaged
Montera prides itself on educating the whole child, both academically and socially. With a commitment to ensuring all students have equal access to a broad-based curriculum, Montera emphasizes personalized instruction while encouraging collaboration. Seeing potential benefits of a standing classroom to achieve these goals, the school outfitted its math class with LearnFit® Standing Desks.
Observations from the principal, teacher and students
Copyright Ergotron 2015
- “A standing classroom has a lot of power.” LearnFit gives choice to students: The more options in how students can access learning, the greater their learning success.
- Kids have been effectively working together, being better able to collaborate: LearnFit offers flexibility for group configurations.
- Students reported being kept energized during the class, resulting in more engagement.