Classroom Spotlight: Student Standing Desks
- School: Dr Kirk Lewis Career & Technical High School
- Location: Pasadena Independent School District, TX
- Class: 26 students, 9th grade
- Configuration: Dell Venue tablets, projector, whiteboard wall, LearnFit
Maximizing Space, Effort & Time
This school’s mission is to empower students in transitioning to the global community through project-based learning. Students actively explore real-world problems and challenges while the teacher acts as a facilitator, directing collaboration and frequent small-group breakouts to help students accomplish their goals. In this AP geography class, LearnFit® Standing Desks enable on-task behavior and efficient classroom dynamics, thus providing more enrichment in less time.
Observations from the principal, teacher and students
Copyright Ergotron 2015
- LearnFit allowed for more actual class time to carry out the lesson, activity and discussion.
- Transitions occurred much faster and were cleaner with fewer distractions.
- Students stayed focused and more on task; LearnFit’s capacity for movement and adjustment was popular as it made work more comfortable.