Classroom Spotlight: Student Standing Desks
- School: Robert C Fisler Elementary School
- Location: Fullerton School District, CA
- Class: 25 students, 5th grade
- Configuration: Apple laptops, projector, whiteboard wall, LearnFit
Are You Ready to Move?
Named an Apple Distinguished School for implementing a 21st-century vision of technology integration, Fisler Elementary applied the same forward thinking to classroom furniture. The introduction of LearnFit® Standing Desks has brought dynamic changes to this fifth-grade classroom’s climate. As the teacher explains, replicating this deployment’s success will depend on educators’ expectations.
Observations from the teacher and students
Copyright Ergotron 2016
- LearnFit allowed flexibility in teaching, where students can easily move to the focus of the lesson.
- Adjustable desks provide more freedom to students in moving their bodies while presenting more opportunities for collaboration.
- Students experienced a better sense of inclusion while improving concentration.