Classroom Spotlight: Student Standing Desks
- School: Beaver Acres Elementary School
- Location: Beaverton, OR
- Class: K-5
- Configuration: 40 LearnFit® Standing Desks, deployed in sets of two or four to every corner of the school
Supports flexible Classroom Formats & Innovation Needs
Beaver Acres Elementary has a goal of ensuring educators and students are skilled in demonstrating creative thinking and practical applications for using digital tech within the core curriculum areas. The LearnFit Adjustable Desk for students was chosen to aid in increasing engagement and student comfort. With a year of having LearnFit desks in the classroom, the pilot program is proving successful. As they move forward, the school is committed to ensuring Beaver Acres teachers and teachers are proficient in using innovative products to support future-ready technology.
Observations from teachers, students & parents
Copyright Ergotron 2017
- Teachers who have innovative classroom configurations or teaching styles find LearnFit desks helps them keep learning fresh and students active.
- Access to desks throughout school give students who need it most – super active children, those with ADHD, and students who enjoy standing – access throughout the day. Students get extra turns at the standing desk or longer sessions each time.
- Students reported being more attentive and alert if standing. Staff recognize this as well and pilot program is proving successful.