Reducing Our Footprint While Growing
Our dedication to quality allows our company to reduce its environmental footprint, even while we grow, by using characteristic innovation and state of the art management practices to find efficiencies wherever possible.
Ergotron Doing Its Part
- Elimination of Toxic Sustances
- Products comply with all international environmental regulations related to design, manufacture and packaging
- Example: Full RoHS compliance, resulting in removal of all lead, cadmium and other toxic substances from the production stream
- Aggressive Reclamation & Recycling
- All scrap products are disassembled and facility trash is sorted for the most efficient recycling possible
- Result: Over 90% of all potential waste by weight avoids being shipped to landfills, with materials instead being recycled, reused or composted
- ISO 14001:2004 Certified
- Demonstrated commitment to best-practice procedures in environmental management of facilities worldwide
- Result: Our main facility is Energy Star certified, using 35% less energy and generating 35% less emissions than benchmarks
Let Us Help With Your Green Initiatives
Reduce Future Purchases
Our mounts are built to last. Extremely durable, they undergo performance tests establishing the benchmark and exceeding the industry’s most rigid testing expectations—unlike competitive offerings, you can expect a product like the LX Arm to perform with the same ease and dependability in its 10,000th motion adjustment as in its first. Moreover, our products’ adaptability means that they will continue to be useful when new personnel use a workstation, your computer hardware is upgraded, or you reconfigure a work space.
The key to creating efficient work areas is maximized space utilization while improving user interaction with equipment. In terms of Sustainable Building, our products are compliant with certification criteria. Our highly adaptable and space-saving products can help gain LEED-CI, -NC and -EB credits as defined by the U.S. Green Building Council, or earn Green Star points as defined by the Green Building Council Australia through the implementation of a comprehensive ergonomics program.
Environmental Compliance Index for Ergotron Products
||Our headquarters uses 35% less energy and generates 35% fewer greenhouse emissions than similar buildings across the nation.
||Energy Star Certified
||EU RoHS (2011/65/EU) directive restricting use of lead, cadmium, mercury, hexavalent chromium, PBB and PBDE: Learn more
||Green Star guideline from Green Building Council Australia (GBCA) for adoption of sustainable building practices: Learn more PDF
||Eligible product line compliant with GBCA criteria
||EU Battery (2006/66/EC) directive restricting mercury and cadmium in batteries and specifying labeling and recycling requirements: Learn more
||EU WEEE (2002/96/EC) directive requiring management of collection and handling (including recycling) of electrical products: Learn more
||EU (94/62/EC) directive on reduction of Packaging and Packaging Waste: Learn more
||Company initiative related to manufacturing and waste management: Learn more
||>90% of potential waste kept from disposal